Here are a few more details behind some of my favorite Instagram photos lately:
- We have had some pretty beautiful views lately from this sweet little cabin. I snapped this shot one evening after a full day of hard work stacking wood, taking down trees, and cleaning out the basement. Most and rakija were most definitely a part of the day.
- This picture is from a few weeks ago when Damir and I were asked to appear as guests on a TV show on Slovenia's POP TV. They did a brief interview with us and after watching it I realized that I smile too much. Noted. But we did get our hair and makeup done together, and that was a first! Adding another strange and cool experience to our list...
- I really like this one dish that everybody seems to eat and serve here. Basically you take skuta (sort of like ricotta) or cottage cheese. Chop onions on top of it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then drizzle with a generous amount of pumpkin seed oil. You guys, pumpkin seed oil is my new jam. So much flavor and such a rich color!
- We made the paper! Our friend Petra wrote a little piece on our move to Koroska that appeared in the local newspaper. I must learn to take better pictures... But it was so nice of her to interview us!
- I've been hitting the trails quite a bit with this little guy, especially now that the snow is melting and the sun has been showing itself a little bit more. I'm using the Nike+ running app sort of obsessively and I'm doing the 5k training program because I am a massive beginner when it comes to running. I don't think he minds all the exercise. :)
- I spent last Sunday exploring a part of Slovenia I'd never been to before (the chicken head and neck). I snapped this shot of a cat lounging in the sun at a flour mill. I made a mental note to lounge in the sun more, myself.