I've got just about two months before I fly the coop and move to Europe for who knows how long. Marin has been such a good place to me and my family. We lived in a sweet little house under eucalyptus trees overlooking the bay with my parents right next door. Couldn't ask for more, really. So I thought now was as good a time as any to start the process of noting all of my favorite spots, for those inevitable days in Slovenia when the homesickness will hit, and I'll miss this beautiful place I've been able to call home for a little while.
"Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone, for the times they are a-changin'"
Rodeo Beach has been one of our favorite spots. Here are a few memories I hold dear from this beach:
- Early morning coffee-drinking and surfer-watching with Damir
- Watching Kenza participate in the release of a sea lion who had been treated at the Marine Mammal Center
- Cloudy beach walks with my mom
- Odin running in and out of the waves
- Hiking nearby trails, especially to the lighthouse
- Teaching Odin to relax around horses at the stable right up the street
- Taking my sister to say goodbye to the beach before she moved to Utah. She ran and dove into the waves with all her clothes on!
It's a sweet, calming, beautiful place and I'll treasure all the time spent there. :)